Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Zoo

We went to the zoo today.  Wyatt has been to the Ft. Worth zoo once before, and to the Philadelphia zoo, but this time he seemed to be more interested than he was in his previous visits.  I spent a lot of time getting him out of the stroller and then putting him back in (they have stuff like plants and fences in the way of viewing for the little ones in most areas, so I have to hold him up for him to be able to see anything).  At first he didn't want to get back in the stroller, but I told him we were going to see more animals.  After that he would say "one more" while holding up one finger when I put him back in the stroller.  It was so cute.  He also said it when we got back home, and I was sad that I didn't have one more animal to show him.

(Unrelated to the zoo but to the phrase "one more" - Wyatt said that to me yesterday when I was reading him a book before naptime.  I didn't teach him the phrase intentionally - but I guess I say it enough that he picked up on it.  When I finished one book he said, "one more" - which was so cute I couldn't resist reading one more.  Then he tried it again - I was tempted to cave - but I put him down for his nap instead.)

The elephants were the animals he got the most excited about (they are so big they were also easier to see than many animals).  He made elephant sounds and did his arm like the elephant trunk.  He also pointed out the ball they had to play with (that boy loves to throw balls).  Other animals he enjoyed were the tigers (he likes to roar), the otters, and the coyotes.  At the very end of our visit we went into the bird area where you can feed the birds these seed stick things.  He loved to watch the birds, but he wasn't too sure about feeding them.  Mommy did most of the feeding the birds while he just watched, mesmerized.  He really liked to hold the stick when the bird weren't trying to eat off it though.

Overall it was a fun morning at the zoo.  I started the morning with one group of friends, then another group met up with us, and when we split up I spent the rest of my time with the second group of friends.  It was nice to see so many friends today.  I even ran into my sweet sister-in-law right before I left - all because we accidentally went the long way out.  It's a small world, especially when the weather is perfect and it is half price day at the zoo.

My friend Shelby took this when we were feeding the birds.
I took almost no pictures (I was just enjoying watching Wyatt look at the animals and talking with friends) but here are the ones I took.

Macy - the only girl in the bunch! 

Wyatt.
Max.

Jaxon sitting on the alligator.

Wyatt in the stagecoach (with Macy in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment