Monday, March 19, 2012

Deck

Justin had the deck blocks already laid out and level so they were able to get started.

Some of the tools.

Dad helped me on a Home Depot run and then covered the whole that led to the crawl space under the house.  If he hadn't done that they would have built the deck right over it and we would have just had a big hole under there for all the critters to crawl through.  Thanks Dad!

Who does it take to build a deck?  Two engineers and a mechanic. 

Decking is coming along.
I am so thankful that my wonderful hubby built me a deck in our backyard!  We used to have a porch, but it was falling down so last summer Justin removed it.  Then we decided to buy a new car (we love our Subaru) and wait on building the new deck.  At last it is here.  Yeah!  A million thanks to those who helped.  My brother-in-law Kyle, father-in-law David, and mother-in-law Gena spent the entire day with us Saturday getting it done.  Thank you so much everyone! 

Grandma watched Wyatt while they built the deck - which let Mama take care of running errands and getting food for everyone.

The little part sticking out was Hunter's perch for a little while.


It's done!  Adding deck furniture.

The men and their completed project.
I love my new deck!

Sitting area.

Eating area.

Stairs.

View from the sitting area.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to hangout with you and Wyatt on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deck looks great, Kristen - I can't wait to see it in person. :) And I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete