Monday, March 19, 2012

Tractor

I know I have dirt on my nose - isn't it great!

Wyatt loves playing on the "tractor" otherwise known as our John Deere riding lawn mower.

This is my tractor.

I don't even mind the noise cancelling ear muffs because the tractor is so much fun.
 Wyatt isn't just happy to sit on the tractor, he wants to "ride" so Mama drove him around the lawn while Daddy was working in the backyard.  He loves it!


Grandma is so funny - especially when she lets me ride the tractor.


 Wyatt got to spend a lot of time on the tractor this weekend while Daddy and his helpers built the new deck.  He also has the object permanence concept down really well.  This makes it hard to distract him from the tractor - even when it is put away in the shed.   Sunday as soon as he woke up from his nap he wanted to go outside.  I thought - good, we can spend some time enjoying our new deck.  I was wrong, Wyatt didn't want to enjoy the new deck, he wanted to ride the tractor.  He cried the whole time as he pointed to the shed and said "door.  He wanted me to open the shed so he could get a tractor ride.  I was not interested in getting out the lawn mower, and he wasn't distracted by anything else.  Even when we returned home from small group Sunday night the first thing he says when we pull up to the house is "ride."  First things this morning when he got up he wanted to go outside and get a "ride."  That boy loves his tractor.


 Here is a picture of Wyatt who pulled out all the books from one of the shelves on his bookshelf looking for the Tractor book I had just put away.  Why did I put it away?  Because as I read it he pointed to the tractor and said tractor and cried.  I know it is because he wanted to ride it too.  He didn't seem to understand that it was just a picture.  (Earlier he got upset because he couldn't pick up the keys that were in a picture of another book - he likes to play with keys too).

 Here is the a couple of better pictures of the Tractor Book I found for Wyatt (I bought it after I knew of his fascination with tractors.)




Wyatt also likes his toy tractors, especially the one the Greats gave him (that is my paternal grandparents - his Great-Grandmother and Great-Grandaddy).  It makes noises when you push certain buttons, and it even goes forward by itself for a little way.  He recently started trying to ride this little toy tractor.  He sits on it and pushes the button to make it move forward over and over and over - but of course it won't go anywhere because he is too heavy.  It was only designed to pull the little plastic animals in the wagon, not little boys.  He won't give up though - he tries it at least once every day.  I have a few pictures of him with this favorite toy tractor as well.

The first day he discovered trying to ride his toy.



Middle of the night play when he was sick.  He pushes the footprints where the animals are supposed to go so it will make the animal sounds even without the plastic animals.

This toy tractor was at the doctor's office.  He was so sick he only played on it for a couple of minutes and then was done.
And here is the hat that Wyatt should have for when he rides the tractor (this is Mr. Ron's - our next door neighbor - hat.)


To summarize - Wyatt loves tractors!


2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I guess Wyatt loves tractors as much as Graham loves trucks. :) Boys will be boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really should turn all his riding toys into tractors. I'm not quite sure how though. Hmm. Maybe just some poster board and a mini trailer?

    ReplyDelete