Sunday, May 11, 2014

A little catching up

Whew - life with two kiddos (and for awhile part time three while I watched my niece during the day) is busy.  It is Mother's Day and after a short nap for me I am sitting down at the computer for a few minutes while the kiddos sleep.

Here are a few notes from my phone over the past several months about the kiddos:

October 12, 2013 Wyatt said, "I don't want the thunder on."  "Go get my gun so I can shoot the thunder away from me."  "Turn the thunder off."   He doesn't like thunder (obviously) and is also scared of the dark.  Now that he is older and has more of an imagination that is both good (he is so fun to watch at his imaginative play) but also bad (when he won't go into a room alone without me at times - even when it is the middle of the day).

December 10, 2013 Helen has two bottom teeth.

January 12, 2014    Wyatt wanting lemonade says, "Me belly is crying for it."     Around this time he was also going through a phase saying he wanted to stay places for a sleepover (because he wouldn't want to leave)

March 17, 2014 I talked with Wyatt about baptism.  It was a sweet conversation that began when I was explaining the story of the fishermen catching fish and separating good from bad like the angels will separate the righteous from the wicked (Matthew 13:47-50).  This is a bit of a difficult story for a young child, but it is in one of his storybook bibles.  He wanted to know who the righteous people are and I said something to the effect of, "Righteous people are those who love Jesus and follow him.  People who have been baptized and love God and want to be with him."  That led him to become upset because he was not baptized.  During our conversation he said he wants to be baptized someday but isn't ready yet.  I am so proud of his tender heart, and I wish I knew exactly what I was thinking.  I also wish that the conversation had been recorded so I could remember what exactly he said.  I never dreamed I would be having this kind of conversation so soon! I pray that the Lord will help me have the right words at the right time for my sweet boy!

March 30, 2014  This morning Wyatt was talking about how God was going to come get us and take us home with him.  We discussed how we don't know when God is coming but it could be anytime.  He said God will like his boots!  I love his complete and utter faith.

Also March 30, 2014  I left David and Gena's house in the car and Wyatt told me that cowboys are tough.  And he is tough.  Then he said, "That's why I don't have to be buckled in because I'm tough."  Whoops!  Thankfully we were still in the neighborhood and hadn't gone far at all.  I immediately stopped the car and buckled him in.  That's what can happen when Justin helps put the kids in the car and he thinks I buckled Wyatt and I think he buckled Wyatt.  I told Wyatt he was tough but that he still had to have his seat belt buckled.  I told him thank you for letting me know.  I'm so thankful he told me!  I will have to be more careful about double checking carseats before pulling out.

May 8, 2014  At 14 months Helen is finally walking a bit more.  She can walk nearly across a room now and she is trying more and more on her own.  She still prefers to have a finger or two to hold onto for balance for the most part.  Her communication is improving but she isn't really talking.  She will occasionally sign, "please" and she uses the milk sign for anything she wants.  She will look at something she wants and sign milk.  So funny when she signs "milk" to Justin or to the dog.  Her word for everything is "anah" with the occasionally "adah" for Daddy and "mama" for me.  It is kind of amazing how much she can communicate through body language and grunting - but it will be nice when she has a few more words because there are times she gets pretty frustrated when I can't figure out what she is wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment