Monday, October 15, 2012

It's a ....

The first news - It's a baby!

Still in bed - early morning happy news!


The news you've all been waiting for.  It's a GIRL!!!

Wyatt giving his baby sister a kiss.

The happy family.

 Justin wore a pink shirt this morning and I wore a gray shirt with a hot pink jacket.  When I saw what we were wearing I laughed and Justin joked that he should change into blue.  We went out to IHOP before the ultrasound (just like we did before my ultrasound with Wyatt).  They told me to drink a lot of water before hand - which I dutifully did.  Then we waited from our appointment time of 8:45 until almost 9:30 before they finally called us back.  I was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.  I was glad the tech let me use the ladies room first thing.  I still don't know why I was supposed to drink all that water.

The ultrasound place didn't have any printer paper - so we don't have any printed photos of the baby.  They did give us a cd with the entire report.  There aren't any really good shots that just look like a baby though.  Instead they are just pictures of various things they measure and check (heart, kidneys, bladder, placenta, etc).  According to the report on the cd the baby is measuring correctly for my estimated due date of March 8. (I'm currently 19 weeks and 4 days).

Wyatt has been calling the grandparents, aunts, and uncles letting them know that he is going to have a baby "sister."  He can even say her name - Helen Joy.  Helen was the name of Justin's maternal grandmother who passed away while his mom was pregnant with Justin.  Joy was the name of my Grandaddy's sister.  She never married or had any children of her own, and she passed away while I was in college.  We are very happy for the opportunity to use these special names for our sweet baby girl.

I can't wait to go shopping!  Justin is going to love that :)



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Naylors! Bring on the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Wonderful news, so happy for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the phone call! And I love that Wyatt is holding his golf club in the pictures- such a contrast to the news of having a girl :)

    ReplyDelete